Santi Education Fellows
We propose to involve high school graduates from Kathmandu to volunteers at schools in rural areas inside and near the Kathmandu valley. If you are interested to become a part of it, please fill this form
- There is a large disparity in quality and access of education in Nepal with the schools in the rural areas tend to be under-resourced resulting in students from rural Nepal performing lower than those from urban areas in all subject areas.
- The experiences of the urban and rural youths are limited to their respective areas lacking a comprehensive overview. There is a need for a platform so that both these target groups can exchange their ideas and broaden their horizons.
- Involve high schools graduates from the urban areas, initially from Kathmandu, to volunteer to teach in the rural areas as Santi Education Fellows for at least a month, initially.
- Information about the fellowship will be shared with the prospective fellows and their schools and asking them to apply
- Applicants will be short listed, interviewed and selected
- Fellows will be oriented about life in the village, expectations inside and outside the classrooms, school curriculum and sent to the rural areas to stay with a host family
- Fellows will be asked to keep a journal and submit monthly reports and another one covering their entire stay
- Fellows will be able to broaden their horizons based on the experience at rural settings
- The students, teachers and the community will be able to have a meaningful interaction with the fellows bridging the cultural divide
- Fellows will be provided an allowance to cover their expenses
- Fellows will be provided a letter of recommendation for their work and future interning opportunities with us
For those who are interested in becoming a fellow, please fill this form.